Dragon not eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For about 3 weeks one of my dragons will not eat. Shes eaten by herself a few crickets but otherwise I sorta have to feed her. Not sure if its a shed coming or brumation maybe? She is about a year and a half. Hot side temp is 95-100 cool side about 75-80. We also just changed the bulb not long ago. Shes just not interested in any foods ive tried. Shell look then close her eyes at everything.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Have you been weighing her regularly? If she's losing weight, that's something to be concerned about. If she's not, and she's sleeping a lot, then it's very likely brumation.

Roulette07

Original Poster
I haven't been weighing her...they had been growing so consistently that I never thought about it. She doesn't seem to look thinner or feel lighter...I know thats not really accurate. She either sleeps in her log or hangs out in the basking area. More so the log.

Roulette07

Original Poster
Id say so. She sleeps all night and sleeps a lot during the day. Yesterday she ate a couple pieces of collard greens then didnt care for it after. Also gave her some canned pumpkin today. Just dabbed little bit on her mouth and she'd lick it off.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Sounds like brumation. Keep weighing her with a kitchen scale and offering food, but don't worry too much unless she starts losing weight. She should be back to her old self in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom