when is too young to separate siblings M & F ?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: when is too young to separate siblings M & F ?

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:51 am

He knows he's not supposed to get under there. Long standing rule! :lol:
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby SHBailey » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:35 am

If you were to follow Toothless and Peppa around with a little webcam, you could probably collect enough material for a YouTube sitcom entitled "Beardies Behaving Badly". :lol:
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:54 am

Hook up tiny gopro cams to them and broadcast over Periscope. Would be quite a popular channel!
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby SHBailey » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :laughhard:
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:38 am

I think Toothless's rampant hormones are finally settling. He's much more settled the last few days , had his longest ever daddy snuggle yesterday for over an hour , even pancaked and spread out and nodded off on me like Peppa dose.
Long daddy and mommy snuggles today too .... mommy of dragons was very pleased.

He's back to casual visits to Peppa's tank but not obsessing over her as much now. We survived !

Might just be cold wet weather yesterday and today making him lazy , the BTs and Peppa were all very lazy today and yesterday.
CBDs: Puff ( RIP 10Dec2015 (3.2 years old (aneurism)) ,Rex (RIP 16Mar2017 at 4.6 yrs old (unexplained death)) , both adopted at 6wks old..Toothless & Peppa : (5 wks old 19dec2015).
Eastern BT Skinks : George & Mildred (born Sept 2010).
Eastern Water Skinks : Lucky (wild juvenile), rescued from a cat.Taken by a SI and far too soon, 9mths with us. RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles - (rescued injured), small lizard thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016.)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby SHBailey » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Dragon snuggles (and snake snuggles as well) are much enjoyed at our house too.

So far we've been lucky that our beardie's hormonal craziness doesn't last very long -- a few hours of blackbearding and headbobbing on a few afternoons, usually in the spring, but you can't set your clock or your calendar by it.

At least you know they're reasonably healthy. The first time our beardie went hormonal after he'd been sick, I had to remind myself that it was a good sign because I'd almost forgotten what a normal healthy adult male bearded dragon was supposed to do. :wink:
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Toothless has finally decided he really enjoys snuggles now .... Only took 2 years for him to become smoogy , like Peppa always has been , and Rex and Puff always were.
CBDs: Puff ( RIP 10Dec2015 (3.2 years old (aneurism)) ,Rex (RIP 16Mar2017 at 4.6 yrs old (unexplained death)) , both adopted at 6wks old..Toothless & Peppa : (5 wks old 19dec2015).
Eastern Water Skinks : Lucky (wild juvenile), rescued from a cat.Taken by a SI and far too soon, 9mths with us. RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles - (rescued injured), small lizard thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016.)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 pm

kingofnobbys wrote:Toothless has finally decided he really enjoys snuggles now .... Only took 2 years for him to become smoogy , like Peppa always has been , and Rex and Puff always were.

:o You broke him! :cry: :lol:
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby NBGwen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 am

kingofnobbys wrote:Toothless has finally decided he really enjoys snuggles now .... Only took 2 years for him to become smoogy , like Peppa always has been , and Rex and Puff always were.

LOL I am picturing grumpy cat type beardie snuggling in saying - fine, but I'm not going to like it! :lol:
"I want the freedom to carve and chisel my own face, to staunch the bleeding with ashes, to fashion my own Gods from my entrails." - Gloria Anzualdua
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

Postby SHBailey » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:37 am

That reminds me of a little cat I had over 20 years ago. I once sat down on the bed and picked her up and put her in my lap. She squirmed out of my lap, walked up to the foot of the bed, then turned around and walked back to me and plopped herself back in my lap. Her meaning was perfectly clear: "I'll sit in your lap but I have to be sure that you understand that it was MY idea."

Lots of people say that a bearded dragon is a dog in a lizard's body, but I think that many of them are more like a cat in a lizard's body. :wink:
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:24 pm

SHBailey wrote:That reminds me of a little cat I had over 20 years ago. I once sat down on the bed and picked her up and put her in my lap. She squirmed out of my lap, walked up to the foot of the bed, then turned around and walked back to me and plopped herself back in my lap. Her meaning was perfectly clear: "I'll sit in your lap but I have to be sure that you understand that it was MY idea."

Lots of people say that a bearded dragon is a dog in a lizard's body, but I think that many of them are more like a cat in a lizard's body. :wink:

I tell people who have no idea about lizards as pets that the beardies are my SPIKEY CATDOGS and the BTs are my SCALEY SAUSAGE DOGS.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Spoke too soon, Toothless is really GRUMPY today, wouldn't even sit still long enough to let me feed him much , he's in mega shed (arms, hands, legs, throat, belly all at one and hot happy today) , and he's really all over the place (hormonal again today !!).
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:31 pm

much happier today ,... still sheddy but not as much , he got an extra silkworm for a treat today.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby SHBailey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Poor guy. Major shedding project and massive springtime overdose of hormones all at the same time. Can't blame him for being grumpy. He deserved a silkworm treat. Glad he's feeling better. :)
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Peppa is just about to do a major shed on her back and tail and tummy very soon, and she's still mega sweet , never get any agro or dramas from her .... two totally different dragons personality wise.

George did a major shed last night, woke for find skin here there and everywhere in his tank.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Health