Is this MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDiscoLevi

93947-3414717098.jpg

Okay this set up is temporary and not optimal, but I also just got him today so he hasn't even had it 12 hours. There is a long story on why it's like this but I won't bore you.
It is 20 in L 10 in W 13.1 in H
It is from PetSmart (I know cringe now) It is called "All living things desert reptile starter kit" and the thermometer does practically nothing and the UV is Inappropriate word removed by Moderator cruddy & it is the one came with it "113 UVB high-output bulb" and is like a twisty one.
His every day light is from Exo-Terra I think 75 W I only have the infrared box but I the light bulb is the same size and company (I use the infrared at night time) we have these as back ups for my sisters beardie (he is 7 months) we have no extra UVs (we have one for plants but they are so bright and I don't want to use that because it could blind him)
I got him for Petco (cringe again) we were going to purchase online but it just isn't really in budget. Also side note they said they just got him today and the cage the had him in was awful like it made me kinda angry. It was him and one other beardie (I really hope somebody came in later and adopted him ;-;)
Okay about my beardie. Well he does that sometimes he can walk perfectly fine no signs of pain or swelling, and it isn't always curved like that. He can make it straight and sometimes more curved. This is obviously worrying but the thing that makes me really worried is he has a bump right under his chin (if you need a picture I will try and add one) and it is kinda hard but once again he doesn't seem to show physical discomfort when I touched it.
He was pretty dehydrated and he lapped up some water and his poop was I guess gee uhh. Wet? (He was in a paper towel cove I made so he would feel more safe, and I was kinda misting water in front of him and on the towel so I dunno if this is super accurate) and then it kinda was a string with white at the end then a blob. (Gross I know sorry people ask this a lot from thing I have read)
I am just really worried I would be devastated to lose him.
Also I have a heating pad under the cage to be sure that he keeps warm. Is this okay or should I take it out?

Okay so I removed the heating pad and red light from is cage. I am researching a good diet for a baby and juvenile. I am upgrading his lights tomorrow and I will try and see a vet and get check ups on both of the beardies (I am looking currently. I want to be able to go asap)
(This is just 'venting' mostly because I am worried about them.) I can't do much about his cage because a good one is like 200+ and **** dude I am 15 (in like an hour) and don't have a lot of money to put into this, but any money that comes way way will definitely go towards keeping them happy and healthy. I am just so worried about him. He is really active though (a little jumpy but that's because he is adapting to a new place, and he is a baby) He gets along with Mushu (my sisters beardie) very well. Mushu will lick him (kinda it isn't biting but he 'licks' him is the only way I can describe it but it isn't hurting Atlas. He is my baby.)
I am just so scared man. I just want him to live a long, happy, health, life. I want to do everything I can for him. I am so worried.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Try to get a few more pictures, so we can see his chin, etc. He is pretty young but appears
to look alright in the one picture.
Is he housed alone, correct?
That UVB light, the All Living Things isn't a really good light. I would highly recommend you
to try & get the Reptisun 10 tube or the Arcadia D3 12% tube either one, to provide him with
a higher quality UVB light.
Are you using any type of thermometer to measure the temperatures with? The best types
are either a digital probe or a temp gun for getting the most accurate readings.
The tank size will be fine for now, until he grows more. Then you can upgrade to a larger
tank later.
That was a good idea to remove the heating pad, because he can get overheated having
undertank & overhead heating, both.
Has he eaten anything yet?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom