Not growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelandusn

Hi,
I know this isn't an emergency yet. but I want to get to the bottom of this before it becomes one. I have a baby that was hatched march 5th that just isn't growing. It took her two weeks to start eating for me but since then she has eaten like a champ. She has a 10.0 t8 uvb and her basking spot is 105. Her cool spot is between 80-85. I don't have central air so it is whatever the room temp is. A couple of days it has gotten up to 90 but only once or twice. She just isn't growing. Or I guess she is because she has shed a couple of times but she still seems so tiny. I've seen 3 week old dragons bigger than her. She's 5 1/2 inches from nose to tip of her tail. I'll include a pic of when I first got her, one taken 2 weeks later and one taken yesterday. She has gotten a little bigger but she still seems really small for 3 months. Or not?
91563-1891722875.jpg
91563-7030653711.jpg
91563-4425731641.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks pretty good from those photos. It's a good sign she's eating well. They grow at different rates so I would keep a log of her weight in grams. That way you can know for sure if she's gaining and how much. It may just take her a while to hit a first growth spurt.

Jelandusn

Original Poster
Ok thanks. I'll keep an eye on her and hope she hits a growth spurt soon. I have a scale somewhere that I've been looking for so when I find it I'll start keeping track of her weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom