Constipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmer76

My bearded dragon, who weighs 330gms, has not pooed in the last couple of days. His normal routine would be once every morning, shortly after eating. His diet consists of 3-4 hornworms daily, several crickets, and fresh collard greens. We've been experiencing quite the heat wave lately and we have refrigerated air conditioning. I've been checking the tank temp and it has been a consistent 100 or so degrees daily. It never gets below 85-90 at night. Any ideas of what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Kimberly

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A few days , even a week with no poo is not a huge issues. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=232446

But if you are still worried , I find giving 0.4ml of olive oil orally by syringe will often get the poo moving in a day or two.

Just in case -
>>> what is the substrate you have in the viv ?
>>> might be dietary - particularly , how large are the crickets ?

SelmasBoy

I've got a 10 month old female who weighs 440 grams. I've given up in trying to figure out her poop schedule. Sometimes it's daily, sometimes every other day, and now sometimes every three days. I'd say as long as he's eating and acting normal no need to worry.

Kimmer76

Original Poster
The substrate is shelf liner and the crickets are med-lg. It just worries me because he was so scheduled with when he pooed that I good count on when he did, like clock work.

Kimmer76

Original Poster
Success! I went in there just now to give him Olive oil and applesauce and I had a smelly little present to clean up!! I'm a worrisome beardie momma.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Kimmer76":1fd4fgh2 said:
Success! I went in there just now to give him Olive oil and applesauce and I had a smelly little present to clean up!! I'm a worrisome beardie momma.
:blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: bet you were never happier to see nice poo sitting there waiting for you to deal with, bet she was glad to get rid of it too.... mine are always much more frisky after they get rid of their motherload ....

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Kimberly, I just noticed that the temps. in the tank are too high and you should try to get them down ASAP. If it's 100 during the day it's fine if it's ONLY the hot side, but be sure there is a cool side of no more than 82 during the day. The night temp. is definitely too high, should be no more than 80, better at about 70-75.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom