Building a cave/basking area!!!!! First time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellbuds

Ok so this is my first time trying to build anything resembling, well anything to be honest. The idea is that they can climb the stairs and go to either basking spot at the top of the stairs or the platform above the stairs (thats the piece behind) or underneath there is a cave of sorts to cool off in. I am making it in 3 pieces for ease of cleaning and just wanted to see if you guys had any tips or tricks or suggestions for me. Any comments welcome and also is there a certian kind of paint I should use or anything? I have 2 beardies in the tank for now and they get along well for now but i am planning to go to 2 tanks just in case. This platform should give adequate room for both to bask in comfort. Plus i think it will look really cool. I have 2 pics for now but will post more if anyone would like to see the progress.
92431-6612062319.jpg

Smellbuds

Original Poster
Ok day 2. gluing the last of the pieces together then grout. I decided (or my wife did) that it was too big for the loved ones home so I had to cut it back. it is now 2 pieces and has decorations on it cant wait to grout it as well as paint it. My boy is sleeping on my chest as I right this lol I think he likes me. Anyways I am going to keep posting because I really enjoy doing this for some reason. I have never been creative or anything but this comes easy for some reason. Like always comments and suggestions are welcome. Tips and hints are appreciated as well
92431-3064756566.jpg

Smellbuds

Original Poster
92431-5767756882.jpg

Grout on and drying! So excited to paint and seal so i can put it in the tank. I also put tile down in the tank today. Been busy

jayce82

Juvie Member
that's awesome looking! very good job! are you needing another tank? I just made a custom enclosure and have a 36x18x18 exoterra with the double door on the front I need to sell

jayce82

Juvie Member
I'm in louisiana. and I thought I paid more for it. it's only 300 new. I'll take 175 for it. and I can ship if need be

jayce82

Juvie Member
let me check to see what the shipping would be and I'll get back with you this week. if it's alot would you be willing to split the shipping?

Smellbuds

Original Poster
It more than likely will be alot. But we should be able to work something out. You said that you built one thats y you dont need this one? Can i see pics of the one you built?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom