Lizzie Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanna

Hatchling Member
Hello Slaves!

I'm likely in the wrong post area but wanted to give everyone an update on Lizzie the "won't-eat-just-hide-scare-thethecrapouttamomma-" dragon!

While she did come back back with Adv positive test result (sniffle) she also returned a zero parasite test (yay)!

She didn't exactly snap back to normal overnight but her baby food days are finished, at least for now. She's back on her roaches and worms, eating more salad and veg like a normal not baby dragon should and is spending almost all her time in THE LIGHT!

She has returned to begging at her front window like a dog for food or play time.

A huge thanks to EVERYONE who contributed advice and good thoughts ;) this forum is amazing.

Again, Drache13... your a star! Mwas :)

Zanna

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Cooper! I'm pretty relieved. I've posted pics of her up on top of her shelf but I've had to put her there.... today she's perched on her branch herself! And shedding ?
88187-9870664058.jpg

Zanna

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was thinking that too Cooper. Shedding means she's growing again right? Because she hadn't had a shed in like 4 months ish and I thought that was unusual as she seemed to shed every couple weeks when we got her as a baby lol.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe growing but more importantly generating new skin/tissue which I consider to be a sign of general health. It's much less frequent when they get older but I take it as a good sign when it happens.

Zanna

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hadn't considered that perspective, thank you Cooper. I wish I knew exactly how old she is. She was so tiny when we bought her last August that 4 months old like the pet store said just didn't quitejive with what I read. But she has to be at LEAST a year now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she was tiny she may very well have been younger than 4 months old. The really little ones (finger sized) tend to be only a month or so old.

Zanna

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol King! That's pretty much what my son and we're doing when we saw she was perched haha! Now she's popping out of her blanky burrito when I tuck her in to watch more tv too..... not sleepy anymore! Hahaha

Also on another note: our tenants who also have a bearded dragon had asked me to check in on him as he wasn't looking too well a couple months ago. I won't go into details, suffice to say I came down their stairs teary eyed as for his condition.

I am happy to say however he also has put on weight and is now growing after being given the proper information. Which they had sadly not received from Petsmart. I'm still trying to help them get his eye cleared up with saline and q tip but pushing for vet visit..... everything else is green for go! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom