Breed Or Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrChenMan

I have decided that I'm done with crickets and want to move on with dubia roaches but i cant decide weither I should breed or buy. I know that dubia roaches cost a little more than crickets and that in time it will add up, but I just don't really want to end up with a bunch of roaches in my house and I only have one bearded dragon and from what I see on videos i will probably end up with more than I can feed. Maybe in the future if I have more reptiles i will breed them but for now I don't know what I should do. Thanks :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrChenMan":mtt8kzsc said:
I have decided that I'm done with crickets and want to move on with dubia roaches but i cant decide weither I should breed or buy. I know that dubia roaches cost a little more than crickets and that in time it will add up, but I just don't really want to end up with a bunch of roaches in my house and I only have one bearded dragon and from what I see on videos i will probably end up with more than I can feed. Maybe in the future if I have more reptiles i will breed them but for now I don't know what I should do. Thanks :)
Actually it cost about the same because they have close to 3 times the nutritional value than crickets so they will eat less. Dibias also are easier to keep alive than crickets , that means more bang for your buck.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
I have a dubia colony and I LOVE it. It's one initial purchase and then after a month or so they really start to pump out those babies LOL. But they are such a superior feeder. Twice, if not more, the protein of crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom