HELP Tail Rot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Hi Everyone so one of my BDs has tail rot but it is the early stages of tail rot thankfully. His tail did not rot yet we saw it in time. i had gently worked the skin off with water and the skin was tight and afterwards i took a flash light and shined it on his tail the shedding skin had left a whole bunch of scars so i'm a little worried about infection so how do i clean his scars? By the way this is his first ever shed.

Thank you in advance :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of this for us?
Just to keep the tail clean, you can use a very diluted solution of betadine. Then either put some raw, unpasteurized honey or manuka honey on it at night making sure there are no loose bugs in the tank, too. It should help to heal up the tail.

Tracie

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi so sorry i didn't post sooner i meant to yesterday but forgot ok im now super concerned i now have another baby who has tail i am separating the healthy ones from the 2 that have tail rot
90427-840381324.jpg
90427-2916117199.jpg
what causes it and what do i do? :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Birdy, one thing to never do is try rubbing the scales/shed off, that can actually make it worse. Are those before + after pics of the same dragon or is the 2nd pic a different dragon ? The top pic looked O.K, the bottom pic is damaged and will almost certainly need to be amputated slightly above where the shriveled part ends. It can be done pretty easily and will cause some trauma but they can recover quickly.

Tail rot is not contagious but babies DO bite each others tails which can lead to tail rot after the tail is damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom