brumation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
I know it is very late in the season, but was wondering what would be considered too late (or early) to start brumation. We got our beardie almost 1.5 yrs ago and the last 2-3 weeks she has been wandering and glass surfing. We would take her out and let her run around until she got cool. Then yesterday and today all she wants to do is lay under her hammock and sleep. I can wake her up but she isn't interested in food. Gives me a look of "you woke me for that?!?".
I know that in Australia that its late summer/early fall(so I read) and I did read elsewhere that some dragons can still have that internal clock running.

tank: 55g front open
lighting: soft light on 1 side and MVB (changed 11/16) on her basking spot. 8" away keeps it at 103
humidity: 20-30
Food: greens with occasional supers and 1-2 hornworms

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
More likely , if your weather has gone from nice to dull and dismal and rainy/ stormy this week, beardies will pick up on the changes in barometric pressure (even if they live in a climate controlled home (like my lot do)) and will hunker down when nasty , dismal weather is around . I suspect this is what you are seeing rather than full on brumation.

What is your lighting schedule like ?

I run a 16 hour photoperiod year round and none of my beardies ever brumate.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was running a 10 on 14 off (since Nov) and started the upward swing over the last week. So its almost at an 11 on. Yes, the weather outside the last 3 days was back down to the 40's but during the running around it was anywhere from 34-60. Big temp swings but that's thanks to living in "lovely" New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom