Is my baby beardie healthy or too chubby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FancyFrancie13

Hey, new to reptiles and this little beardie has stolen my heart! I chose him because he was definitely the alpha in his enclosure and is fat and likes to eat :) also gives the cutest looks! I haven't measured his full length but including tail he's about 8 inches. He eats about 4 or 5 small dubia roaches twice a day and eats really fast! Is he healthy? I'm also trying to get him eating salad but he is a baby and only our second day together. I'll try and attach a picture, he's beautiful. Just calling him a "he" but still not sure about the sex either.
90871-5699430313.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Not too chubby , he looks great and well fed (was the photo after his feed perhaps) and very happy to me.

At his age , the deal is two live bug meals (as many bugs as he wants each feed , given a few at a time) per day, and three live bug meals per day is even better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks very healthy & has vibrant colors, too. :D
I think his weight appears normal for his age. They will have a little round beardie belly
even at that age. He/she may or may not eat greens/veggies for awhile.
Let us know how he is doing or if you have more questions.

Tracie

FancyFrancie13

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":33ywn8ew said:
Not too chubby , he looks great and well fed (was the photo after his feed perhaps) and very happy to me.

At his age , the deal is two live bug meals (as many bugs as he wants each feed , given a few at a time) per day, and three live bug meals per day is even better.

Thank you so much! Yes, he had eaten about 4 small dubias before this pic was taken. Thank you for the info!!!

FancyFrancie13

Original Poster
Drache613":3fb5nqaw said:
Hello,

I think his weight appears normal for his age. They will have a little round beardie belly

Tracie

Thanks Tracie! I do have one question, actually. This pic was taken last night right after feeding him 4 small dubias, and I'm pretty positive it was his first time eating dubias. He loved them of course but he hasn't pooped yet and it's morning now. When I fed him small superworms and even crickets, he pooped about an hour after eating! Should I be concerned or is this a normal thing? Thank you so much!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
FancyFrancie13":2t8g6eux said:
Drache613":2t8g6eux said:
Hello,

Tracie

Thanks Tracie! I do have one question, actually. This pic was taken last night right after feeding him 4 small dubias, and I'm pretty positive it was his first time eating dubias. He loved them of course but he hasn't pooped yet and it's morning now. When I fed him small superworms and even crickets, he pooped about an hour after eating! Should I be concerned or is this a normal thing? Thank you so much!!

He might love superworms BUT he's too young to have them included in his diet, much the same reasons as why it's wise to exclude mealworms from a young dragons diet .

I wouldn't worry if he misses a day wrt pooing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom