My new beardie won't eat his vegetables!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. The other day, I adopted a 2 year old bearded dragon from a lady who just didn't have the time for him anymore. She said he love his greens and crickets and meal worms. Monday is when I picked him up and I guess from the ride from her place into my car and the ride to my place he wasn't interested. But the next day he ate a good bit of them. But I haven't gotten him to eat his salad! I've tried collards, turnips, kale, squash, even mango! He doesn't want to eat. I placed a few meal worms in the salad so maybe when he ate them maybe he would try and eat the salad but no luck. I'm trying not to panic but it's kinda hard bc I kno adults need more greens then crickets. Is it possible that he is still getting used to his new environment? Anyone have any ideas??

he may just be getting used to you and your home. one thing that may help is putting strawberry's or other tasty bright colored fruits in his bowl on white paper towel. you could also put them on or leading up to his/her basking spot (they general lick stuff around there in my experience) :blob8: :blob5:

charmander16

Juvie Member
Another thing that helps is to present them moving. Like hold them in your hand or plastic tweezers and wiggle them in front of his face. Also, IMO, the best veggie to go with is butternut squash. Make little cubes or slivers of that, wiggle it in front of him, etc. Try having some in a dish and then hold a piece close to the dish a wiggle it to get him going.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It could take a week or so before he starts eating right. Relocation stress will do this to them. Give him another week or so and he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom