Head bobbing female

Status
Not open for further replies.

katycatlove

Hi, I just brought home my adult female bearded dragon last night. When i brought her home, I had her rest on my shoulder for a few min while the tank was being finished for her. She slept on me and was so lovable. When I went to put her in for bed she clung to me so i had to carefully peel her off. She then proceeded to walk around and taste things and she head bobbed at her reflection. She went right to sleep when her lights were turned off and stayed asleep until morning. When I turned on her lights this morning she came out and puffed her beard and head bobbed at me. She did it again when I came home form work, seems like she does it every time I walk into the room. But she will let me pet her and she's a sweet heart when I take her out of her tank. she will cuddle with me for quite while. I talked to the girl that I had purchased her from and she said it was normal and she will get used to me and stop. I just want to know if she's stressing herself out? She bobs at her reflection too but I'm getting her a background to cover 3 of the walls. I get worried because she has had a partially black beard all day, it hasn't fully gone black but she does puff it out at me. How can I help her be more comfortable? I worry about how much she stresses herself out when I'm not home as well.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she's just adjusting to her new home and is acting up a bit. Be gentile around her and give her some space to adjust and as mentioned she should calm down in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom