power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsw

Hatchling Member
When I left at 8:30 a.m. this morning (school delay!), the lights had been on for 3 hours. When my husband got home at 5:30 p.m., they were off. We have no idea how long they were off, but he got them working again and Scaley immediately got to basking. He usually goes to bed about 5 p.m. but he has been basking for 2.5 hours now.

How detrimental is being without lights for up to 9 hours but probably not that long? Should I leave them on longer tonight? (They usually go off at 9.)

How do you deal with potential power outages???

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A DAY W/OUT UV IS NOT ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT so long as the room remained warm enough.

I ONLY WORRY about extended cold weather power outagres (say 3 or more days) because my home 100% electrical and I have not got any non-electrical heating .

Jsw

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! The temps were 64 in the house, so it was probably still a bit warmer in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom