PLEASE HELP! My Beardie has puss coming out of his feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

afalcon03

I have a male beardie that is 2 1/2 years old. He is very healthy and well maintained. when my husband took him out of his enclosment today we noticed both of his back feet were oozing yellow puss. On his left leg right above the foot he is shedding. We have soaked his feet 2x now. Once this morning and just a few minutes ago. He is in a clean enclosment, it has no sand. The heat lights are above the cage so he has no access to burning himself. We have no Ideas what caused this, I am extremely concern. I called our vet office and still waiting for a returned call. Is there anything I can do to help treat him at home?

afalcon03

Original Poster
i posted 3 pictures to the link you posted. however I don't know where the pics went. are you able to see them?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh I'm sorry, forgot to add that once you follow those steps to upload them you need to hit the XIMG button to post them here.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like there's some type of infection in his feet. Can you find a good qualified reptile vet ?

afalcon03

Original Poster
No, the closest reptile vet to me is 9 hours away. Is there anything I can do from home? I can buy the medication, I just need to know how what kind to buy & how much to dispense to him. Can you help me with that?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
We would only be guessing really. Baytril is a broad spectrum antibiotic....maybe you could find a regular dog/cat vet to check the feet out and they could at least prescribe the meds. for you.

You can p.m. one of the mods. here Drache613 [ Tracie ] for other possible advice....she's usually on in the evening.

afalcon03

Original Poster
Ok, thank you. I will pm her and see if there is anything she can do to help. Thank you so much for all your help. I truly appreciate it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome....I hope you can get some answers + the proper treatment .

I didn't think to ask....is he housed with another dragon ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I did PM you. Just send some extra pictures to my email that I sent you also, just so I can evaluate further.
Is he a leatherback, it was hard to tell?
What type & brand of UVB Light are you using & substrate, tiles?
Is he eating very well right now?
Continue with the daily soaks, but try epsom salts for his feet. You can use the antibiotic ointment or raw unpasteurized honey/manuka honey to help with infection for now.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom