Anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
I've had this dragon for a few months and she is very shy. She shakes her head like she is terrified of anything that comes near her. She doesn't like anything other than being in her tank. I've tried socializing her but she really wants nothing to do with it. The best description of her would be like somebody with social anxiety. Is this such a thing in reptiles?

SDragons

Juvie Member
How old is your pet. Are you the first owner? How are they with being held at night rather than during the daytime?

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She's probably about 2. She doesn't like being held at any timevent. Morning, noon, night, doesn't matter. I'm her 3rd owner. She originally came from Fairytail Dragons.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a video of her shaking her head ? Just to rule out a possible neurological disorder.

It would be good to pick her up every day for about 10 minutes at first. Pick her up, supporting her body, and be very calm even if she flails. You may need light gardening gloves and long sleeves if she scratches + struggles. Then just hold her gently + firmly to your chest for the whole time. She should get used to that after a couple of weeks. Then you can try it along with sitting down in a dragon safe small room, [ like a bathroom ] letting her sit in your lap. If she wants to stay there, that's fine, or she may want to roam a little bit. Be sure there are no spaces for her to squeeze under or small foreign objects [ coins, rubber bands, etc ] that she might swallow.....that happens often with beardies.

She should get used to handling like that in a few weeks and then can do so for longer periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom