Think my Beardie is impacted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla84

My little godzilla hasn't pooed for about 2 months now.
She's been spending alot of time under her log aswell. At first I thought her viv was to warm due to the good weather we've had. Someone else mentioned she maybe going into brumation but this is going back to September so surely can't be that?
She actually seems OK.. Her appetite is minimal but hasn't lost much weight.
My main concern is getting her to poo.
Bathing regularly but no luck.
Any help at all will be massively appreciated. Thank you so much
Sam

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is Godzilla? She has been slown down & not eating since September?
She could be brumating which can last for several months, really. Since they don't eat much during that time, if anything, they wont go to the bathroom for quite awhile, too. If they are healthy, they wont lose much of any weight while brumating, either.
Has she basked much at all?
Can you run over her tank setup, such as the type/brand of UVB, the temperatures & how you measure them, as well as supplementation, too. If it's too hot, that can discourage them from wanting to bask.

Tracie

Godzilla84

Original Poster
Hey, thanks for responding so fast. Godzilla is 2 now.
Her behaviour is very much like brumation but as I said it's been happening since September and I thought brumation was a winter thing? ( I'm absolutely no expert though obviously)
Her temp at basking end is just over 90 degrees. But when the weather is hot the sun shines right into my living room and her temps can go 105-110, that's when I thought she was going under her log as over heating?
I'm not there allday to monitor her behaviour as I'm at work.
Basically I'll come home to find her under log. Then I've been getting her out and place under basking bulb. Where she'll stay.. Then basically repeat the next day!

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
My girl is just over 2 and she started brumating in August, so I'm going to assume that we're going to have an early and cold winter :p

Godzilla84

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies so far..
She has retreated back under her log since yesterday.
I hate that I simply can't tell if she's brumating or suffering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom