Female bearded dragon urinating, but no urates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pan70cake

My female bearded dragon has been urinating (looks clear) for the past two days without urates. She also appeared to want to vomit after I fed her some formula this evening. The last time she pooped was two days ago, and there was a tiny, tiny urate (looked normal, white). She has been eating normal (five mealworms this morning and formula this evening). I think she may have eggs (unfertilized! no males), but not sure as I cannot feel any in her stomach. She is very rounded, though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is very common for them to leave urates frequently before they lay. She isn't excreting any solid white portion of the urates, but just excreting water/fluids? If she isn't appearing to strain at all, then give her a little more time, unless she seems to be distressed with a black beard.
Do you have a picture of her? Is she eating anything other than the formula you have fed her?
Does she have a laybox yet?

Tracie

Pan70cake

Original Poster
Drache613":dfxvgv8v said:
Hello,

It is very common for them to leave urates frequently before they lay. She isn't excreting any solid white portion of the urates, but just excreting water/fluids? If she isn't appearing to strain at all, then give her a little more time, unless she seems to be distressed with a black beard.
Do you have a picture of her? Is she eating anything other than the formula you have fed her?
Does she have a laybox yet?

Tracie

Thank you so much, Tracie, for the response. No, no urates at all for the past 4 days, only water/fluids. She does not have a black beard, and in fact, I have never seen her with a black beard. She is 2 1/2 years old. I take her outside every day for sunshine (plus she has a UVB 10 in her cage). She gets one or two baths daily. I do have a laybox in her cage. She has access to fresh baby lettuces, and fresh (but dead) crickets. About twice a week she eats about five mealworms in the morning. She does not appear stressed at all, and remains active. She is special needs in that she has had MBD, and her tail was amputated due to an infection-prior to me adopting her. I'll try to upload a picture of her and of her cage. She has been with eggs before, but re-absorbed them instead of laying them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh poor girl, she had her tail amputed? That's too bad.
So she did absorb eggs previously? She may do so again. Some just tend not to lay eggs, while others lay a lot of infertile eggs.
It sounds like that is what's going on, with her not eating much, just excreting water, etc. At least she doesn't seem distressed with a black beard though, that is good.
If she is still eating a little bit but greatly reduced she probably does have eggs but may reabsorb them again. I would keep a close eye on her just in case. Increase her calcium to 5 days per week for now.
I am glad you have a laybox in her tank for her, too.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
If your dragon has been eating less insects than usual it would reduce the amount of urates there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom