Is my Beardie getting enough to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakshasa

Hi there,

I've seen various different people feed different amount to their beardies. And I'm unsure if I'm giving my four month old enough. He's 13inches, and is a fairly decent weight. Has a good size stomach on him.

I give him a bowl a veg a day, and he eats about half of that. And then I give him hoppers (as he doesn't like crickets.) - Now sometimes he varies on how many hoppers he eats, but usually he has around 10-15 a day. However today he only had 5 this morning, and when I came to give him his dinner he turned his nose up and didn't want any. Should I be concerned?

He poo's every other day near enough, and his poo looks healthy. He seems quite happy in himself, basking and sleeping well. Loves coming out to explore and be handled. I just hope I'm feeding him enough. I put the hoppers in for about 15mins and then most of the time he eats them all. So I add a few more in, until he turns his nose up and leaves them. At the end, I check to see if he is full by hand feeding him one and he turns his nose up.

Does this sound alright? - I just got little concerned as he's had so little today. And he's only young. I hope I'm doing everything right :?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like you have it right. Their appetites will fluctuate so don't worry too much if he turns down a meal sometimes. Especially if he's had breakfast and dug into his veges. If he's alert and active he's probably fine and just not hungry any longer.

rakshasa

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3vqae7pi said:
It sounds like you have it right. Their appetites will fluctuate so don't worry too much if he turns down a meal sometimes. Especially if he's had breakfast and dug into his veges. If he's alert and active he's probably fine and just not hungry any longer.

Alright thankyou! He's very alert and moving around. I've noticed since he has a few big meals of live food a day then small with lots of veg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom