Big scare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Got home tonight and there was a wasp on the top of Mordecais screen. Not in the tank but on top. I hurried and got a paper towel to squish it but the holes in the sreen are so big he fell through. I scrambled to get the cage open and got Mordecai out really fast and then found the wasp and killed it. I was so scared. I checked Mordecai and he looks fine.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

At least you were able to get the wasp killed before he stung Mordecai, thankfully.
It is always frustrating when insects get in like that! I am glad that everything is ok.

Tracie

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes I am glad I got home when I did. Who knows what might have happened if it got in his cage. I don't even want to think about that.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know this freaked you out ! Chances are Mordecai would have eaten it with no problem. :) Lots of dragons have snagged a bee , hornet or wasp while outside [ my dragons included ] with no ill effects at all, much to the surprise of us owners. Even one of my babies ate one which I thought for sure would die and it was actually larger than the space between his eyes to boot. Not a flinch, upset tummy or anything. So in general, if your dragon swallows a stinging insect they handle it with no problem and do not get stung. I guess there could be exceptions but every poster that has posted their experience here has had similar story as mine....the beardie had no reaction whatsoever.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
My horned lizards eat harvester ants. Most of the time they are swallowed whole. Venoms are proteins and enzymes, its broken down by stomach acid.
They can still get stung though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom