Naps or sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse2010

I've had my first bearded dragon for about 6 weeks now and she's been sleeping on the cool side or under a rock quite a bit during the day lately. She's only 5 1/2-6 months old so she's not brummating. She's eating well (crickets, Dubai roaches, Phoenix worms and collard salad) pooping regularly with good form and urea. When she's awake she moves with energy, bright eyes and alert. She's in an 85-90 gallon tank, basking spot around 107, warm side 90's and cool side 80's (w/digital thermometer). She has 2 uvb bulbs (1 warm side 1 cool side) for now and I've ordered a tube to get a better spread over the tank. Do juvenile dragons nap like mammals when they get ready for a growth spurt? If it weren't for her sleeping all the time I'd have no other concerns about her health.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Do you by chance run a light at night? This is not good for them because it disturbs their sleep and makes them grumpy. It will also cause what you are seeing.

Eclipse2010

Original Poster
Not lately, I had the red light until I learned that will still keep them awake. It's been off at night for around a week. Maybe she's catching up from not sleeping well for so long?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Eclipse2010":1c600thj said:
Not lately, I had the red light until I learned that will still keep them awake. It's been off at night for around a week. Maybe she's catching up from not sleeping well for so long?
It is possible that could be it. Watch her closely for a while and keep us updated on changes (good or bad).

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
How old is she? She could be trying to brumate if she is sleeping so much. If she is eating and pooping alright and you don't have a nightlight I don't personally see why she would be sick.
Makayla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom