More talon problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talon has not defecated for about a month now. I have been feeding him regularly and using the treatment the vet described and such. He slipped off his log when I had him outside and his vent area was dis colored, a chalky brown. It looks like something is clogging his vent, no idea what because he is on Reptile Carpet. Help??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post pics of him + of his brown vent ? That wouldn't be caused by slipping off a log, but if he hurt his spine it could affect his ability to poo if he has a spine injury, but that would be evident. What did the vet tell you to do or give you for him ? Some natural laxatives that usually work are any of these or a combo....baby food squash or prunes, applesauce, mixed with about 1/4 tsp. of veg oil [ or just a few drops for a juvenile beardie. ] You can also try this right away, an extra warm [ more than usual ] shoulder height bath. Stay with him of course, but try to get him to swim a bit in the warm water.

What exact type of lights do you use and what are the temps. in the tank ? Post a few pics of his set up if you can, but esp. of his vent. Here's how:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then hit XIMG

BeardieButler

Original Poster
The medication from the vet isn't working, and I've noticed a throbbing white thing poking out of his vent. He thrashes his tail around extremly hard, i have no idea what to do.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
When you say a throbbing white thing can you clarify or post pics?

A prolapse is a serious issue, but he can also poop out seminal plugs which would be normal.
A prolapse is basically part of his cloaca poking out of the vent. It would need to be treated with sugar to reduce swelling and hope it goes back in. This could indicate other issues like impaction or digestive problems. It might be vet time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom