Free Range Scaley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaley and I got to enjoy some much needed deck time yesterday.

She wandered around the back yard and ate some ants. She managed to get out of her harness so I'm going to have to figure out a new harness system if I want her to be able to roam a bit.

86279-4178647897.jpg

86279-785377492.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
SpacialCoogs":3a4t1aoy said:
THE POOPENING HAS ARRIVED! LONG LIVE THE POOP!
This iss the only place I have seen someone so happy about seeing poop, lol!!! Glad she finally did, now its time for a long nap again.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I know, I never thought I'd be looking in a forum for other peoples poop pictures. :lol:

She got some cuddles yesterday morning, then I helped her go into her hide. I heard her scratching around in there and both entrances are now completely blocked out with the towels I have in there for her comfort. It looks like she'll be in there for a while.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She's still pretty conked out. I made sure she had some water when I got in last week after camping. We are going next week to the same place she's gone twice this summer. It will be sad not to have her along to explore.

I know this isn't strictly beardie behavior but I had this weird dream last night where someone replaced my lizards with someone elses lizards. I was franticly trying to find Scaley and had to take all these massive cages away. There were 5 bearded dragons and none were her, so I was running around looking at snakes, lizards, tarantula, even worms and roaches. Then I work up...

I think brumation is getting to me. :p

I'm trying to convince my husband that we need another lizard in the house. I have the equipment from when I kept anoles a while ago but he isn't interested yet. I think i might be able to convince him on a gecko at the reptile show in 3 weeks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've had the same nightmares. Not being able to find Cooper in a big crowd of dragons. I learned to pay very close attention to his marks. He had a black dot by his right eye. Darwin has an orange dot under his left eye. Poor Dundee was so messed up he was unmistakeable =/. Once I did that I haven't had the dream. I have other anxiety related dreams about dragons instead :roll:

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have a tattoo started of Scaley, It's about half way done and she's my screensaver on my phone.

I got into a habit of giving her a bath when i got home from work then letting her run around before cuddle time. Now I look and she's not there so I think I'm just missing her.

Stupid brain.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's been about 2 weeks since I last checked on my little princess so it seemed about time to ensure she was still alive.

Got her up and she conked out on my chest almost as soon as she was out of the tank. I have her lights turned off and the temp is around 22 degrees in her area so she felt a little cold. We napped for a bit on the couch and then it was bath time.

I weighed her and she's 395 grams, so still maintaining a good weight. She didn't drink too much and her skin is responding well to the old pinch test.

86279-7396493703.jpg
86279-898328242.jpg
86279-4734632019.jpg

It will be 3 months October 13th ish since she started sleeping like this. I'm wondering if I should look at blocking her hide or letting her sleep a little longer.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Someone was moving around yesterday and was on her hammock this morning. We spent some quality morning cuddle time while I answered work emails. Yay for working from home.

She's now running around the house and has found her favourite spot again.
86279-3812304554.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wire nest! I'm glad she's out and about. I'm working from home too and Darwin is also darting all over the place.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Happy Thanksgiving Canada.

Scaley says hi. She got to have some special Calci worms for her special dinner which apparently are also called bugger worms here. ??

We went to the reptile show on the weekend. Here are the two pics I got for Cooper:

86279-3850161051.jpg
86279-4257408073.jpg

Let me know if you want me to find out if they sell those shirts :p

There was only one vendor with beardies, they had 4 in a small viv. There were a ton of cool snakes, arachnids. A few jeweled lacerta, blue tongued skink, lots of geckos (leopard, crested, gargoyle and a couple interesting types I didn't know off hand). One of the coolest parts was a business called jungle jewel exotics which specialize in live vivs and poison dart frogs. It was like a living art piece, I couldn't convince my husband that we should bring a new friend home.

We had thanksgiving last night with my husbands family. They aren't reptile enthusiasts and my niece wouldn't touch Scaley. lol. She did want to watch her eat but it was too late in the evening and Scaley needed her beauty sleep.

I cleaned out Scaleys habitat last night and rearranged some of the furniture. I took out the basket so she couldn't hide in there for now. She definitely misses it, the tree branch doesn't give the same access to the heat and UVB at a lower temp than her hammock. I'm going to have to put it back in a bit I think, just block off the entrances and sides so she can't climb underneath like 2 days ago.

86279-2648934927.jpg

Scaley is now running around the house after having had a nice breakfast of bok choy, carrot shavings, cucumber and celery leaf. I spent a few hours this morning volunteering at the Humane Society, mostly playing with rabbits as the reptiles are off limits to volunteers.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I need some help my fellow enthusiasts. I have taken some Halloween pics of Scaley in her costume in order to submit to the calendar. I only have a couple of days to make a decision.

Let me know which is your fav or is I should retake these? she was a little grumpy after the photo shoot. :lol:
86279-4475375842.jpg
86279-7278699172.jpg
86279-6403137795.jpg

Thanks to Sarah and Pampered Beardies on Etsy for making the costume.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like the first one. Sarah does a lot of great rescue work. It's good to see her etsy stuff around (she uses the money to fund her rescue).

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I follow her blog and on facebook, I posted these photos on their page as well. I like supporting people who are putting their money where their mouth is so to speak. I can't do it myself but I can support the people who do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom