My beardie wont drink water

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got my baby beardie (2 months) this friday, i fed it (idk the gender yet) sweet peppers, collard greens, and butter worms and dubai roaches, i tried to feed it water but it didnt work out, i even gave it a bath,i also put in front of a water bowl it didnt drink and water, i dont worry to much,i mist the vegetables with water and put water on its lips, but i want it to drink its water ( i will put some photos of the beardie and the bowl.) If you have any tips and tricks please let me know, thank you
88612-4603169654.jpg
88612-7456883271.jpg
88612-2280568471.jpg

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Most beardies don't drink water from a bowl. As long as he/she eats things with water on it (like you are doing) it's good.

BeardieLover321

Original Poster
JessPets":3am61ynj said:
Most beardies don't drink water from a bowl. As long as he/she eats things with water on it (like you are doing) it's good.
thank you for telling me that now i dont have to worry :D

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Your welcome. If for some reason he is not getting ANY water into his body, you can drip a few small drops onto his mouth, by it shouldn't be a problem.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I will drop some water on the snout and if my girl is thirsty she will lap it up. I repeat until she is not drinking any more.

You can do that with a syringe, while it's in its bath or just with your fingers (i have a towel and she's usually on me at that time)

BeardieLover321

Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":8vgewted said:
I will drop some water on the snout and if my girl is thirsty she will lap it up. I repeat until she is not drinking any more.

You can do that with a syringe, while it's in its bath or just with your fingers (i have a towel and she's usually on me at that time)

magpieandstuff

Hatchling Member
Reptar used to drink his water when he was in the bath, but he stopped doing that when he reached about a year old. Now I give his water with a oral syringe. I will just drop the water on his mouth. If he doesn't open his mouth then I stop and try again later. It took about a week or so to get him used to the syringe, but now when he sees the syringe he knows that he is about to get his daily water! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom