My Dragon Won't Eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphiee

I believe it's been about 2 weeks now, and he still hasn't eaten anything. I am unable to afford to take him to the vet at this time, and can't figure out why he's not eating.

My dragon is about 7-8 years old, i've only owned him for about a year. He's always eaten super worms, or mill worms. He will not eat crickets, or anything that is not moving. And he doesn't eat any veggies or fruits. This causes him to be constipated a lot of the times, so we'd have to bathe him in warm water, which seemed to help him release his bowels.

The previous owner had him in calcium sand, so we kept him in the same environment. A few months ago he seemed to go blind in one eye. But this didn't change his behaviour. The previous owner said he likes to go outside during the summer, so we took him out in the summer, and we noticed he was shaking, his head, and his body would even wobble when he walked. Our first assumption was calcium deficiency, but we give him the calcium powder on his worms, and liquid vitamin, by mouth. He then stopped eating all together, he just stares at us, and his worms, and in an attempt to get him excited about something new, we even tried giving him a dead baby mouse, but he had no interest at all. The dragon is not constipated now, as he just went today. The color of his feces does not look healthy however, it is a dark green.

Can somebody please help me figure out why he won't eat or a good way to make him eat? I am fearful he will die of starvation at this point.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Try handfeeding for a while .... is easy and they catch on quickly , you might get a couple accidential finger tip nips though until they and you get the hang of it.

Can you tell us a bit more? What kind of bulbs do you have, what are the temperatures in the enclosure and what kind of thermometer you using? Also whats your dragons name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom