Beardie only peeing not eating or pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeps

My Beardie Peep hasn't pooped in a couple days, only peed. Everything has been fine up until a couple days ago. She isn't in a shed and she was hyper for the days she didn't poop. She ate 2 superworms yesterday but thats in the past couple days. I'm very worried. Her pee looks normal. White and hard with a tinge of light brown at the end. She doesn't seem lathergic at all just basking and laying down like normal. Her diet consists of superworms, fruits (only the ones they can eat) and collard greens. Please help I lost a dragon a year ago and it started with her not eating. I'm very cautious now. I've given her a bath and I will try again. Please someone help it's so expensive for the vet here ecspecially for an exotic. I will take her but only if I absolutely need too :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The urate shouldn't be too hard. Could you post some photos of it? The collards are good but I would limit fruit to a treat and offer things like green beans and squash in salads as well. She may be a bit dehydrated if her urate is hard. Try dripping some water on her nose and see if she licks that up. That may help her digestion as well.

Peeps

Original Poster
I can't get the picture right now for some reason but it's only hard because its dried up. I will try ti post one later but she doesn't seem dehydrared we gave her water and she drank last night and the day before. :/

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK. It's good that she had a bit of water and she isn't lethargic. Do you have a kitchen scale to monitor her weight? If her weight is stable she is probably OK. If she continues to refuse food and is losing weight you could offer her some baby food squash or green beans but that may indicate a larger issue which would warrant a vet visit. I would monitor her weight first though.

Peeps

Original Poster
I will weigh her and monitor that. She was just given a bath and peed again but no poop. She's running around and doesn't seem in pain which is good.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah if she's running around, that's a good sign. Just keep offering food and keep an eye on her weight for now. Sometimes they go through phases in which they stop eating and it isn't a problem.

Peeps

Original Poster
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer it means a lot I'll keep it updated to let you know if anything happens or if shes okay. :)

Peeps

Original Poster
Hi I'm back still a bit concerned, she did poop today it was normal in color and it wasn't runny just a bit small due to her not eating much. But she still wont seem to eat. So I ruled out impaction and I gave her water last night which she drank until she didn't want anymore. But she's been a bit more relaxed today still not lethargic. She's still alert to people around her like always but she just looks tired and was resting all day for what I've seen. She's laying where she always does against her basking tree with her legs sprawled or just normal. I might be overreacting but like I said I've lost my other year old and I'm very alert with this stuff now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that she took some water and pooped. I understand the concern that goes into caring for them, especially because they can't vocalize so it's tough to know exactly what they need/want. Keep offering food and I'd imagine she'll take it when she's hungry. As long as she's alert and isn't losing weight she is probably OK and just going through a down phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom