Brumation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
So within the past few days, Mandela has been hiding under his towel and sleeping a lot. He still eats and comes out to sit under his lamp at times, but then goes back to hiding under his towel and sleeping. What age do they start brumation and what time of year? P.s. I believe he is about 11 months old, I'm not sure how old he was when I got him in December but if I remember correctly he was 3 months

MsCarter

Juvie Member
It does sound like brumation. Someone with more experience dealing with that should chime in soon and be able to tell you for sure. Until than if he is sleeping a lot more than usual and is "hiding" in darker cooler areas more often i would assume that is what is occurring

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like it could be brumation. Take him out every so often and weigh him and offer some drops of water on his nose. If his weight is remaining relatively stable then he's probably OK and just in a slow down phase. If he starts showing a black beard or steadily loses weight then it may indicate a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom