Active but refusing to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristimwm

Hello! I have a 9 year old bearded dragon that is still somewhat active but is refusing to eat. I have never had this problem with him. He does bromate and this was the first year that he hasn't really jumped back into being super active.

I give him baths regularly and he does drink during those. Sometimes he even swims. He is super lazy however so I don't mean he is doing laps.

He loves superworms so I got him some of those and just kept putting them in his face until he got mad and ate ten of them. But now he is on to my game and just turns his beard black and shakes his head away. I read people feed them baby food through a syringe, what type should I get and how do you get their mouths open.

He enclosure is a 40 gallon breeder, tile floor, and he has the appropriate lighting (reptisun 10.0 UVB, basking lamp, and an additional bulb for light.

Please help! I have had my little man for so long and he has always been a fatty. His poor tail is starting to look boney and I know that isn't a good sign.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your dragon isn't doing well.
How old is your Reptisun 10 tube bulb now? Is the light mounted on top of the screen or underneath of it?
He has already brumated for the year or is just starting to now?
If you have any pictures, you can post some for us. You can try getting some chicken or turkey baby food, along with sweet potatoes or squash baby food to feed to him, if he needs more nutrition. Does he show any interest in greens?
That's great though if he drinks on his own in a bath then.
How often do you give calcium?

Tracie

kristimwm

Original Poster
The reptisun is only 3 months old. It is on top of the mesh top because we have a cat. He has calcium about twice a week. He will eat like 2 bites of greens. Other than not eating he is acting fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom