Baby Beardie just fell sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixingeight

First off sorry my lack of introduction I will try to write one later. Now my baby is around 2 1/2 - 4 months old. I will have had him 3 weeks Wednesday. Yesterday he slept all day and then his poop was runny and green. He seems to also stays away from the basking light, elevation, and you can see his spine/tail all of the sudden. Here's some tank info.

Basking: 100watt exo terra basking light.

UVB: Reptisun 10.0 tube, just changed yesterday from a exo terra UVB spiral.

Temperature: 94-98F, can bump to around 105 but then the cool areas are still 90F.

Humidity: I have no clue.

Tank Size: 40-50 gallons.

https://goo.gl/photos/Le32dVQEVuGLncR48

Thank you for your help,
Fixing

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Fix, sorry your baby is not well. The new bulb may help by giving him proper uvb which helps the dragon to absorb calcium. You can also sit him out in the grass for natural sunlight. How do you hydrate him ? Offer water dripped on his snout, he looks dehydrated. And exactly what size + type insects [ and any veg. ] were you feeding him ? You should also bump the basking temp. up 5 degrees....is your house hot and that's why you can't put it higher ? If not, there should be plenty of room for a hot side + cool side of 80 degrees.

Fixingeight

Original Poster
I took him outside yesterday when I found him sleeping mid day. He has had a few baths and did drink yesterday while outside. His insects are dubais and crickets smaller than the space between his eyes. He is offered a mix of greens and pellets as well, strawberry's today even. I Added my 75watt bulb closer to the ground after my last post to heat it up a little more, its around 101 - 102F now. But it doesn't leave as much of a cool side. I'm probably going to take him to a herps vet tomorrow afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom