Inconsistent behaviour. Does she love us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 8 week old baby Arla is a lovely little thing.
Her behaviour can be a bit strange though, sometimes you can stroke her and pick her up and she's very happy, she won't get off you back into her viv sometimes.
Sometimes she sits at the glass and watches us. She's always waiting for us when we come home.

However sometimes she is very skittish, running away at the sight of us and hiding, she also opens her mouth at us occasionally as a warning.

We just want to make sure we are doing things right because she seems to love us at times when she's cuddly and inquisitive but other times she completely hates us

Is this normal?

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
She's just a wee thing so give her some time to get used to you. It sounds like she's active and running around which is always a good sign.

When I got my lizards I was so overwhelmed because OMGD!! this isn't a cat or a dog that greets u at the door with a loving tail wag or a sudden but unexpected loving purr as they jump on the couch..

Lizards are very loving pet and they ultimatly know you as a person, like above has said if your little buddy is young they r still learning :)
So as an owner this is ur time to Shine!
Go about your daily routine as normal with feeding and lights on and off and just go about your business like nothing bothering you, (I have two kids so I take a parenting approach to my pets also if that helps you)
If your little buddy is large enough handle them or hand feeding I find is great because they see you as the "food giver" I found this out with Curious, he also would give a hiss or open his mouth at me when he was a baby... I'd just drop a worm or a small bit of veggie in his mouth and he was like ... Oh food!! Great!! And when he was chewing I'd pet him so he learned ....
hand means food equals love

Kind of a shady way to explain however patience is key and just have confidence in yourself as a pet owner... if your posting here bonus points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom