HELP ASAP INJURED DRAGON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayleymg

Hey I'm a proud owner of a bearded and blue tongue and on the weekend I came across an injured adult bearded dragon looks like he had been clipped by a motorbike.
Where I live there are no exotic vets or anything. I just need to know how to help the poor fella.
I've put him in an enclosures by him self with a heat lamp. Gave him a warm bath to clean his cut. Put a tiny bit of betadine ointment duiluted with a cotton bud. But he's not eating or drinking I tried leaving some fresh veg in there and water, tried water through a syringe with no needle.
He only has one visible injury to the left side of his head above his eye there is a minor cut. He can move and walk but just slowly. Could he just be in shock?
Could I spray him with a light most of water so he at least gets some fluids?
All this time I've been saying him but I'm 90% sure it's a grl it has one lump under it's tail near the vent and a real narrow head, could she be pregnant she has about 4 little semicircle shaped lumps in her lower belly that I can feel.
All her limbs feel fine not stiff or out of place
What should I do

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have a UVB light for her as well as the heat lamp? UVB exposure is important for them as well. For the time being, focus on making her comfortable and try to get her hydrated. Offer her water by dripping a little on her nose from a dropper or plastic syringe and see if she'll lick it up. If she will take some water, offer small amounts several times a day for the next 24hrs or so. If that goes well, try offering her some baby food green beans or squash the same way, just a little at a time. Keep doing that several times per day for a few days and see if she starts to become more alert. Just make her comfortable and take small steps at first.

Can you post some photos of her? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

Hayleymg

Original Poster
Yayyy she had a fair bit of water!
No I don't have a UVB light but I place them in a travel cage outside to get natural sun light.
Uploaded those photos

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you housing her alone right now?
How long do you have her outside for UVB, daily? Eventually you will need to get a UVB for her so she has more steady exposure of UVB.
Has she eaten anything today? I agree, just take small steps with her & she should recover. It sounds like she most likely was in shock & it may take a little while for her to feel normal again.
Try keeping her around 80 or so in her tank overnight, to help boost her immune system.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

I hope the beardie gets better. She's so lucky to have a person like tou find her and look after her. I am so grateful you took in something that was in need and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom