Future Owner needs Morph advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get a Bearded Dragon for the family. But I would like opinions on what a guy is describing the 2 dragons to be. Before I spend as much on a 29 gallon tank with 2 Dragons, as I could for a 40-50 gallon tank and buy a normal dragon after I get the 40-50 gallon tank.

His ad reads:
2 Dunner Bearded dragons, 1 LeatherBack and 1 Citrus. with 29gal tank decor and 2 heat lamps.

From the pictures I would not know what a Dunner dragon is or a LeatherBack or I assume Citrus is a color. But I see no yellow in either of them.

Any opinions would be helpful. Thank you.

https://goo.gl/photos/UFDaw8JWarGcq7W7A
QqbzTyZUkaoEtXUv5

Kribensis1

Original Poster
thebeardielover":m3biwx65 said:
if i were you check out the prices and if you can afford i'd advise the leather back and citrus AND citrus is a colour not a morph

Hes selling both Dragons. And thanks for correcting me on the Morph term. I googled Citrus, And I find a bunch of yellow dragons. I dont notice any yellow in his babies. Does it start to show when they are older or something?

Kribensis1":1gz5ypqq said:
thebeardielover":1gz5ypqq said:
if i were you check out the prices and if you can afford i'd advise the leather back and citrus AND citrus is a colour not a morph

Hes selling both Dragons. And thanks for correcting me on the Morph term. I googled Citrus, And I find a bunch of yellow dragons. I dont notice any yellow in his babies. Does it start to show when they are older or something?
Most likely I have heard they get more intense as they grow. But either way to me colour doesnt really matter. Choose what you think is best for you and make sure you look up how to prevent illness as well. My beardie died from a car. She escaped snd I am planning to get a new one so I am looking how to kerp them healthy I found that I hsve to grt rid of my coil UVB light as it damaged their eyes.

Kribensis1":bi4cyzg6 said:
thebeardielover":bi4cyzg6 said:

Most likely I have heard they get more intense as they grow. But either way to me colour doesnt really matter. Choose what you think is best for you and make sure you look up how to prevent illness as well. My beardie died from a car. She escaped snd I am planning to get a new one so I am looking how to keep them healthy I found that I hsve to get rid of my coil UVB light as it damaged their eyes.

Kribensis1

Original Poster
thebeardielover":2f257ie8 said:
Most likely I have heard they get more intense as they grow. But either way to me colour doesnt really matter. Choose what you think is best for you and make sure you look up how to prevent illness as well. My beardie died from a car. She escaped snd I am planning to get a new one so I am looking how to kerp them healthy I found that I hsve to grt rid of my coil UVB light as it damaged their eyes.

Oh wow, I was just looking online at them UVB lights. So the coiled light bulb type UVB lights hurt their eyes? How about the long florescent stick type UVB lights?

Kribensis1":3p53i611 said:
thebeardielover":3p53i611 said:

Oh wow, I was just looking online at them UVB lights. So the coiled light bulb type UVB lights hurt their eyes? How about the long florescent stick type UVB lights?
yes I have heard it gives them infections and red eyes.

Gail

BD.org Addict
A dunner has stripes instead of splotches along is body. In the picture with the red bowl, it's the one on the right. The other is not a dunner but it is a leather back, that means it's not as spiky and will feel smoother, like leather.

The citrus is poorly colored. It should be more colorful even as a baby.

If money is a issues, I would skip these two. They need separate tanks soon and the 29 just isn't big enough so it's a completely waste of money.
A single dragon needs at least a 40 gallon breeder which is a wider then a 55 gallon.
Recommended uvb is a long tube reptiSUN 10. Best prices are at pet mountain.com. get one long enough to cover the whole tank.

Gail":37cw4e1u said:
A dunner has stripes instead of splotches along is body. In the picture with the red bowl, it's the one on the right. The other is not a dunner but it is a leather back, that means it's not as spiky and will feel smoother, like leather.

The citrus is poorly colored. It should be more colorful even as a baby.

If money is a issues, I would skip these two. They need separate tanks soon and the 29 just isn't big enough so it's a completely waste of money.
A single dragon needs at least a 40 gallon breeder which is a wider then a 55 gallon.
Recommended uvb is a long tube reptiSUN 10. Best prices are at pet mountain.com. get one long enough to cover the whole tank.
The dunners shouldnt hsve sptripes otjerwise its not a dunner.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
What's matter , morph, color ?

So long as the hatchlings are eating well and healthy.

IF you get both, you need to house them separately to be sure both will thrive from the getgo.

Kribensis1

Original Poster
Regarding what matters. Well for my wife and daughter, they have only seen the Dragons at pet stores (common). And they always find them cute. So to them it dont really matter. My wife and daughter will just want to give the Dragon the best home possible. But with their basic knowledge of Dragons they would be happy with any Dragon. but, There is a part of my that knows they would like more color Or unique/different.

That and even though my wife said no breeding. 1, 3, 5, 7, 8 years from now... If she did want to breed. I think the names he describes these lizards with (Dunner, LeatherBack, Citrus) Would make a lot of nice babies. I just dont know enough about color or Morphs to know if Im better off just getting a 50 gallon tank and a common Dragon. Or for the same price getting these guys just because breeders sell them for more then what this young man is asking.

He says he just dont have the time to dedicate to them. and he points out how the dragons alone go for 100 each. But again, Thats one reason why Im looking for people like my brother was and knew a ton more then I do to this day.

So being long winded. My girls would be happy with anything. My, I know they would like more color and a different morph. You just never know when you buy from a classified ad. Unless your like my brother was and know everything and the whole gene pool. hhaaha

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the seller says those are both Dunners, and they both very well may be. The leatherback does have the characteristic dashes on the tail and funny pattern. And some citrus babies start out a bit dull but end up very bright. They can go either way, the only way to know is if you could see pics of the parents.

Scherfz1

the so called 'citrus' dragon is not even close, I have a super citrus from Fire and Ice Dragons and he is straight yellow... what he is trying to pass off is a joke. if you like that citrus color check out Fire and Ice, for what you would pa that guy for two, Terri (owner) will have true citrus for the same price and amazing health.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That may or may not be a citrus ....you can not tell from a baby. Check the info from this link, the babies start out grey + turn in to blazing yellow. I've had the same experience....in many cases you can not tell from when they're babies.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjdqJaY39jOAhWLXB4KHdLUDN4QFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.draggintails.net%2Fcitrus-tiger-info.html&usg=AFQjCNFikV0sVc2D5NwL0upiCL_5FOMs1A&sig2=DxW4_UEZgA0ILhw8HLJhiQ&bvm=bv.129759880,d.dmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom