Dunner and vomit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, after getting the dragon bug off 2 family member I've got my self 2 this year. My 5 month old I met both parents and have morphs etc noted for her. My little boy was brought from my local pet store with very little info able to be passed on other than he was 2-3 months at the time. He looks to me like a dunner as he is half the size of my girl with the same feeding from the same ages and also has a very different scale formation. He was very greedy last feed and today was sick half a dozen undigest crickets. I've read this is commen in young dunners, does this also happen in other morphs of dragons or have I done something wrong? Crickets wore no bigger than eye space. My other dragon is also very quiet tonight and not herself, could it be a bad batch of crickets?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know about Dunners specifically, but sometimes they just get excited and overeat which causes the bugs to come back up. It seems most common with morio worms but could happen with any food. I'd go easy on the bugs for a bit. Maybe offer some drops of water on his nose. Has your other dragon shown any signs of problems aside from acting lethargic?

Dragon2016

Original Poster
She didn't eat very much last night but no, both have been eating there salads. Iv gone back to getting my bugs online from live food. Uk they arrive looking very heathy compared to the pet shops. Also it's the first time iv used black crickets.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good sign then. If the crickets are active and you aren't seeing a big die off, then they're probably OK.

Dragon2016

Original Poster
The crickets I feed were a batch from the pet shop , (missed my order), and there were quite a few dead ones, what are the possible problems when feeding iffy crickets?
Thank for this by the way, I'm a bit of a worrier.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the crickets are kept in unsanitary conditions or have come in contact with dragon poop in some way they could transmit parasites. If they are fed while dead I would imagine that they could transfer toxins related to body decomposition. I'd guess that in this case they were just eaten quickly and caused an upset stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom