HELP BIIIIIIGGGG CRICKET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taufer89

I know i know i messed up. Due to my own neglegence and my slow action my baby beardie ate a cricket a little bigger than its head she is about 6gs and about 6 inches ling by now maybe bigger. After i dusted them in my little tub thing and dumped them in she promptly jumped on the biggest one she could find.

So she ate this massive cricket and swallowed it after a few chomps. Now her current condition seems normal like she just finished a big supper for the evening basking walking around and what have you. I know i need to watch for impaction. And ima soak her in the morning before i try and feed her again. Could she develope signs of impaction over night couldbit affect her spin over night? I have no real signs that shes hurting. So any advise would be appreciated. Danny neans alot to us so we just wanna take a few days and be cautious. Thank you for the advise. Somebthing like this will not happen again. Ima nervous wreck

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, since it was a only 1 cricket that was too large and wasn't much bigger than the space between her eyes, she should be fine. Make sure she has/had at least 2 hrs to digest under the heat bulbs. She should be ok. A bath tomorrow morning and offering a drink with a few drops of cooking oil in it would be a good idea just to be safe.

Let us know how she's doing.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Canola oil would be too sweet. Do you have any olive oil or vegetable oil? You could put a few drops in water and use a plastic medicine dropper to put drops on her nose.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Canola oil should be fine or any olive oil or vegetable oil? You could put a few drops in water and use a plastic medicine dropper to put drops on her nose.

Taufer89

Original Poster
Thank you very much for the help ill be sure to do so in the am will update on weather i get a poo or not

Taufer89

Original Poster
Well this morningd during danny's bath shr had a pretty decent bowl movement. Shes alert and active moving around and ate like 4 or 5 normal size crickets for her. Are we out of the woods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom