please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshcookie

i rescued what appears to be maybe a year old bearded dragon she is really dehydrated to to the point she couldnt lift her head up ive been syringing water into her mouth and spraying her i put her into some water as well she is so skinny its heart breaking ive got her to the point that she is holding her head up and looking around i also managed to get her to eat a tiny amount of blueberry and rocket i only gave her these because the crickets i have for my other dragon are way to big will get small ones tomorrow any suggestions or help would be gratefully excepted as i know shes not out of the woods by a long shot also she has an under bite but she can drink water with help and she did manage them tiny bits of veg but i had to fed her could the under bite be a problem

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....you did the right thing taking her + trying to help her. It's great that you got some fluids in her, that's the most important thing for a few days. Not much food for the first few days, it can shock her system which may not be able to digest a meal if she's really starved. Can you post pics of her ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Then hit XIMG

She might be best off with water + smoothies made in a blender at first.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Let's see , I copied her pic from the p.m you sent me...
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/44943/full

Poor thing, she is emaciated. Just offer water a couple times a day, then just some smoothies made of greens and a few berries. Are you in the U.K ? Use rocket and bok choy if you can get it. Wait a couple days before offering insects, then just a few small/medium ones. If you give her too much protein too fast it can shock + damage her kidneys.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I replied to your other p.m, yes baby food squash + chicken with water will be good at first.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl, she is very thin indeed! :cry:
As suggested, start her out slowly without much to any protein, but primarily fluids, greens, etc either fresh or the baby food.
Once you have determined how well her kidneys are working, then you can start adjusting the protein levels for her. Has she gone to the bathroom yet?
A few small crickets would be ok, but not too many yet.

Let us know how she is doing. Try to keep her a little warmer over night in her tank, around 80 or so, to help with boosting her immune system.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom