Tempered glass or regular glass? (or plexiglass?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachb89

It's time for me to upgrade my beardie's enclosure (she's currently in a 40 breeder tank which has gotten a bit small). I want to make her a 4x2x2 tank with sliding doors on the front and have it clear on at least three sides since she loves watching us. I'm not sure which material would be best. I was thinking glass since acrylic/plexiglass scratches easily (correct me if I'm wrong because it seems like plexiglass would be the easiest option). If I choose glass, should it be regular glass or tempered glass? And what thickness? Thanks in advance :)

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
All of those choices are good if Iwent with glass iIwould chose tempered glass rthat way if you have to move it and it winds up breaking it will stay mostly intact for easier clean up. and with plexiglass you can get a protective film that will prevent scrarches.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I am pretty sure I have sheet glass in my one viv. Was told tempered can be more fragile (breaks instead of chips, breaks when shocked on the edge) and when it breaks it does so into tiny bits. You'd need laminated safest glass for it to stay in a sheet (like a car window). I personaly wouldn't use plexiglass again. It scratches way to easy and it isn't really a cost savings over glass. Sheet glass shards can be dangerous but i havnt fount it breaks very easy or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom