Is this even safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
We had a slight bedbug issue from our last roommates and my boyfriend decided to buy this stuff called Cimexa that supposedly kills just about any insect. The problem is that he needs to put it in corners and around our bed. Both of those happen to be some of my beardie's favorite places. We all know that beardies love to lick everything and I'm terrified of them ingesting any little bit of it. The active ingredient in it is Amorphous Silica Gel. He says it's all natural and safe but I'm just not so sure. Sure, I could just not let them run around in my room ever again, but I don't want to do that. As for the rest of the house, it's not really practical to let them roam in other rooms.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I really don't know Brit....someone else might be familiar with those ingredients and how safe it is to use where animals are roaming freely.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure if those are safe or not specifically either but I agree it's best to err on the side of caution. I'd keep them away from it at least during treatment and give the area a good cleaning after treatment is done to get rid of the residue. Hopefully the bed bug issue is cleared up soon, that's no fun to deal with at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom