young, dark colored, runny poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abshorner

I just bought a bearded dragon from Petsmart a little less than a month ago. The first few weeks he ate crickets fine, ate a couple veggies every so often, but had stress marks as all young dragons do in a new home (he's about 3 months old now, 8 inches). Fast forward to now, he eats 3-7 crickets every other day, his poop is runny and most of the time his colors are very dark.This has been going on for a week or so. My mom doesn't believe in spending money on vet visits. I'm really worried what should I do?

Other info: fed crickets coated with calcium + d3 and fresh veggies daily
sprayed every morning
bathed 1-2 times a week
handled once a day at least
10 gallon tank
zoo med light uvb and heat lamp

thank you for your help

What substrate is he on? Thought I doubt it is impaction its always good to know, my guess is parasites or coccidia. Parasites aren't too expensive to treat but they could do a lot of damage in the long run if left untreated. Could we see some pics of him and one of his poops? 10 gallon is also on the small side so consider upgrading please, also of the uvb is a coil bulb I would reccomend replacing it to the reptisun 10.0 tube bulb or arcadia 12% as tubes can cause eye issues and irritation. The reptisun is available for 25$ on amazon.com if that helps

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I don't know if you have a petco near you, but they have all there tanks on sale. A dollar a gallon. You can sometimes find tanks for cheap on Craigslist. A ten gallon is way to small to get the temps accurate and not much room. He needs a new habitat very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom