Hatchlings- I'm out of feeders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
No sure how I managed to miss that I was low of BSFL and quarter inch crickets and ran out this past feeding. Now.. Will they be ok for the day tomorrow? (Pet store closed, and feeders are ordered for Wednesday) I have greens and.. The taboo mealworms. Is it worth the risk to give then a meal of them or just fill them up on veggies? I appreciate the advice! :)

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
they do need the protein but i think they would be ok for one day as long as it is not a regular thing. I would probably just give them a few worms each just for a snack though

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I thought I had another container of BSFL to get me through til the crickets came in but I was wrong. I'm overstocking now to try to avoid the pet stores closing days! It so hard to estimate how much each will eat.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It depends on the size of the mealworms....hatchlings may get impacted if they eat the regular sized ones. It's a risk, I'd just offer loads of greens unless the mealies themselves are baby mealworms.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You should always order extra crickets when you have hatchlings, you can actually order one size smaller to be ready for the next week. [ They'll grow in to the next size that you need ]

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't stick more then 1000 crickets at a time since they all die on me no matter the luxury I give them! I buy them from my local pet store but I meant im stocking up on BSFL, I just ordered 2000 :p I would have had baby mealies available for them but I threw out my colony cause I could not harvest them no matter what.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How do you set up your baby crickets ? They shouldn't be dying. Can you post a pic of your cricket bin ?

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I can't attach a pic right now but I can deactivate it. It's a 67 L sterilite tub with holes in the lid (3 rows all around the perimeter and a big hole in the center that has screen) I put drink trays (very common around the house) stacke for space, zillas cricket drink and cricket care food, then leftover veggie veins and such. No mold ever grows and I always find around 200 dead by the end of the week. Just like how I could NEVER raise them past the second instar for the life of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom