Severly emaciated 3 month old dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi95

I am asking if anyone has heard of anyone or has brought a dragon back to health themselves from this stage. I brought this little kiddo home a couple nights ago. She is a sibling to two dragons I have already had for about a month now. Her diet: I offer her (by syringe) any of these combos (whatever she will accept): Water, Sugar water, Repti boost or (mainly) carnivore care with baby food (either peas, squash, or recently I offered her a mixed carrot and a mixed veggie). I also bath her in warm water with pedialyte. She has only eaten .1cc of food today with maybe two drops of water and I try to get her to take a drop of reptaid daily. Yesterday she had .4cc of a combination of carnivore care and reptiboost with added calcium and .1 cc of water and a drop of sugar water. As of this morning she is sleeping twice as much, looks far more shriveled up than she did when I brought her home, and is now refusing any kind of soft food or water. I have these options (or any others you suggest): Euthanasia, "feeding tube" type IV that a vet in my area has offered to do to get very small amounts of nutrients in her at a time, or to keep doing what I am doing. I fear that if I keep doing what I am that she will just clam up and not eat and eventually waste away. However, I do not want to add stress by taking her into the vet clinic and have them force feed her unless that will in fact save her. Does anyone have some tips? Maybe critical care for herbivores would be easier on her kidneys instead of the high protein carnivore care? Or is she past any hope for recovery? I don't want her to suffer but I don't want to give up on her either.
I will post images soon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, pics will be helpful, sorry that the baby is in such condition....it sounds like touch + go, so you really won't know until you try [ as you are ] Baths may be stressful, so concentrate on getting oral fluids in her. Everything except sugar water is probably fine [ sugar is dehydrating ] Best wishes, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Others may probably offer suggestions too....hopefully the little one can pull through.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm so sorry. :( It's so sad to watch a little one that never had a chance to live. I know this is hard for you, my heart goes out to you, you really made such an effort to help the little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom