Not eating dusted live food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latley, my bearded dragon has been a little troublesome.... for the past month, he has been adamantly refusing dusted anything. Which, as one can imagine, is not healthy. To be honest, I haven't noticed any change; he hasn't lost weight, is still very active, and looks normal. He just hasn't really been eating much. It's really worrying, seeing as how important calcium and vitamins are in their diet. Anything I can do to make him start eating his veggies, and dusted live food? I'm currently offering him Dubia Roaches, which he just won't eat at all, hornworms, which he'll eat a few big ones every other day, and superworms, which he'll eat the most often. However, he'll refuse all of them if their dusted with calcium or vitamins.

Anything I can do to kind of... force him to eat? He's 9 months now at 19 inches, so at least he's not a baby and it won't inhibit his growth too much.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Marti....at 19" he's big enough to have become a picky eater, and that's what has happened. He prefers horn + superworms on his terms. Just keep offering them with a very light coating of calcium, or cut them out until he eats the dubias. He will eat them when he gets hungry enough, just don't use very much powder. Sub adult/adult dragons don't need supplements every day, every 2-3 days is fine.

MartiSutton

Original Poster
Alright, I really want him to eat Dubias, so unfortunately, I may have to keep him hungry enough until he eats them... Ahhhh, I feel so bad!! Oh well, for the sake of health! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom