Darker Patch of Scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xazzak

Hatchling Member
Hello all! Justin & Smaug reporting in! So Smaug appears to be doing fine, eating on her own in her new enclosure and seems healthy and happy.

I'm writing this post because I noticed this dark patch of scales on her left knee area yesterday. I think it may just be shed? Her front arms are in shed, but whenever she's in shed, the coloration of the shed is more of a grey/white color. The area on her left knee is darker than the surrounding area, almost a blackish tint...which is clearly different from the surrounding scales and wasn't like this before. Thoughts?

Back Legs Pic
full

Right Leg (Normal Looking)
full

Left Leg (Dark Patch on Knee)
full

full

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
It could be that she is just darkening up a bit and it could be shed. I wouldn't worry unless she is acting strange favoring that leg or having a loss in appetite

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that it's just a patch of shed, nothing to worry about at all. You can spritz him in the tank 1-2X a day [ a quick light mist, not a heavy one] to help with shedding, but either way it will come off in it's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom