Still relocation stress ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampacheco

So for some of you already that know of my Newley aquired beardy, I have just recently put her in a 20 gallon long due to her size and how well she'd utilize heat and uvb. Symptoms of relocation stress are still apparent and I'm wondering if it got worse putting her Ina smaller tank . The reason I did that was because she's only 8.5 inches long and i figured it was easier for her to get her food. Now she's still has the habit of eating a few crickets one day and more sometimes another day. Sometimes she would be more energetic in her tank and sometimes she would just sleep in her basking spot. Some of her fecal matter can have a little bit of red in it, and today it was more solid and no visible blood. I did make an appointment to the vet for a check up to make sure she was healthy and worm/parasite free, I'm crossing my fingers but I'm really curious if one day she's going to snap out of it and be a happy energetic dragon always looking to eat ! Any suggestions ?

Does she have room to run around, or get away from the heat if it's too hot?

Do you have any decorations in there? (i.e. basking rock/log, background for tank, things to climb on)

It might be too small of a viv for her. My beardie is only like 7 or 8 inches, but he's in a 40 gallon and he does amazing. He's had no stress whatsoever. :lol:

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
If your lizard is having blood in her stool than a fecal test for parasites needs to be done. Parasite infection fits the bill for what you are describing, bloody stool and lack of energy.

A 20 gallon tank is okay for now but will soon need to be upgraded. Make sure your temps are good by using either a heat probe or infrared temp gun. A small tank can overheat easily.

ampacheco

Original Poster
Yes she has a way to get away from the heat if too hot and yes , has a decor. Temps are good and has a good uvb light. But I'm starting to think she isn't feeling to well due to a chance of parasites maybe.. Again symptoms show of stress as well.. Can't distinguish, and like I said her stool yesterday didn't show blood but it might today, idk. Hopefully the vet can give me the information I need and medicine to cure whatever is going on.. I'm just wondering if this whole thing is curable.. I'm just going to leave it alone and let time to the work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom