Bearded dragon glass surfing and more! help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehaunt

2 weeks ago i received a 1 year old bearded dragon from a family member who was in desperation to get rid of him, he is called Derik. He came with the a viv, 2 bulbs and a hide which is to small for him.
For a week and a half i had him on reptile carpet but he seemed desperate on digging so 2 days ago i put him on sand and eco earth mix and pebbles like he was used to(to big to eat dont worry).
But ever since ive got him hes been glass surfing a lot. (climbing against the glass)
He is also scared of being picked up and handled but is ok with being hand fed, he runs away if i dont have food.
He hasnt had proper interaction with humans in 6 months so i think he just associates us with food.
The temperatures are 32-35 degrees and drop to 25 at might, he alwyas had water, he gets fed 6-12 size 4 black crickets 3- 4 times a week and fresh veg/ fruit every day or every other day.
He usually runs away when i put my hand in but occasionally lets me stroke him, sometimes he darts off.
Can anyone help me with these issues please, particularly the glass surfing one.
87452-6601764937.jpg
87452-6815522304.jpg
87452-6864829124.jpg

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
He doesn't have much to do in his enclosure. Can you try different furniture? A flat basking area might be more comfortable, branches to climb on (they are semi arboreal), the hide looks way to small for him.... he may just not like how the enclosure is setup.

thehaunt

Original Poster
Taterbug":7hgkhn2s said:
He doesn't have much to do in his enclosure. Can you try different furniture? A flat basking area might be more comfortable, branches to climb on (they are semi arboreal), the hide looks way to small for him.... he may just not like how the enclosure is setup.
I know i mentioned the hide being to small for him, i havnt got him a new one yet and thats the only one he came with and is only a temporary place holder, i put that wood in as it was also a hide, i was planning to but a black flat rock for him. so is this the most probable reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom