Move light inside viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistic811

I have 2 18in reptisun 10.0 T8 crossing pretty much the entire length of the 75 gallon tank. They are sitting directly on metal mesh. I've been reading that the mesh blocks a lot of the UVB. I also have a dome light with a 100w repti basking spot lamp. I have this also sitting on mesh. It's a pain to move them all when I slide mesh back to see Drago.

Any suggestions on what I should do to fix this? Is having them on mesh really not ok?

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Mesh does filter out a lot of the UVB. You can switch to a Reptisun t5 HO to help combat the mesh, mount you current t8 tubes on the inside (Walmart or Lowe's should have the fixture to hold them, just remove the plastic light protector), or cut away the mesh directly underneath the lights.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
83620-9167759548.jpg

This is one of my set ups (sparse because dragon was undergoing parasite treatment). If you look at the back you will see the white ends of the fixture mounted on the inside. If you choose to mount inside make sure that the tube is not eye level but shining down, so you will mount close to the top of back.

Mistic811

Original Poster
How are you mounting inside tank? I've seen a few suggestions. Velcro, double sided tape and screwing to mesh. I like the velcro idea but don't want it to fall. I would velcro the s@#* out of it, lol.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Check into 3M hooks. Lowe's or Home Depot should have them. They should work. Others have used them and reported good results.

Mine is held by heavy duty zip ties but I don't have a mesh top. My top was made for me and uses metal that forms little squares about 1/4 inch and is sturdy, not like a mesh screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom