Super worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgiambr1

I have a juvenille about 7-8 inches nose to tip of tail. I went to get crickets today and was telling the kid at the pet store he would only eat crickets, fruits, and veggies. I tried wax worms and meal worms, but he spit them out. I wanted to add a little variety to his protein intake. He suggested super worms. Now I'm finding out they are bad for juveniles because they can't digest them properly. I fed him 2 that were about 1 inch each before I found out. He didn't have any problems eating them, but he's definitely laying under his basking lamp with that " I can't believe I ate the whole thing" look. At what point should I be concerned? And is there anything I can do to help, besides a warm bath and not giving him any more until he's bigger.

Thank you in advance.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
superworms = treats ONLY FOR ADULT BEARDIES.

Try medium (2-3 inch long) silkworms , they'll be about the right size for your beardie = an excellent feeder insect and a great staple food for a beardie. Might be more expensive than crickets or roaches, but a pretty much a perfect feeder insect.

He'll likely be fine with what he gobbled down ..... just don't make a habit of giving him junk food like mealworms, waxworm or superworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom