12weeks too small!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AHBD":2wk0vax0 said:
Actually the size of a 2 month old, not 2 week old. Definitely not a 2 week old.

I'd say 4 -5 weeks old , based on my limited experience , no way is it 2 weeks old.

Dargon2016 , you can get the basking spot warmer (another 5oF maybe) by either adjusting how close the basking spot is to the basking globe's bottom surface (by moving the basking spot up by a few inches, and inch at a time until you achieve the desired basking spot's surface temperature OR by lowing the globe from the roof of the tank similarly).

That's how we all get the desired basking spot temperatures ---- ie by trial and error using a given wattage basking globe , we only upsize the wattage if we can't achieve the aim temperature without the globe surface being too close to the basking spot (and in reach of lizard - if they can touch the surface of the globe it will result in serious burns).

Keep in mind the lizard's head will be closer still , and it will choose the temperature it wants to bask at.

Dragon2016

Original Poster
Well I'm relieved that you guys think it's around 6 weeks, trouble is now iv been told to put her in a tub inside the Viv iv got the problem of adjusting my carefully monitored set up to work on this smaller scale. But it's true what she said izzy did feel cold to the touch before I moved her to the tub. Now she seems warmer and happier. Still not a great appetite. She's had 7 size 3 crickets today and no interest in the worms. Taken a little water through the dropper though.
I will put a rock under her basking log and check temps
Thanks

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Dragon2016":3hl3pf5z said:
Well I'm relieved that you guys think it's around 6 weeks, trouble is now iv been told to put her in a tub inside the Viv iv got the problem of adjusting my carefully monitored set up to work on this smaller scale. But it's true what she said izzy did feel cold to the touch before I moved her to the tub. Now she seems warmer and happier. Still not a great appetite. She's had 7 size 3 crickets today and no interest in the worms. Taken a little water through the dropper though.
I will put a rock under her basking log and check temps
Thanks

That's one way of partitioning off her big enclosure. Seems to work a treat too.

Izzy is great name for a lizard :)

My babies (Peppa and Toothless) now 7 months old are in 100L rearing tubs , and have been since they came home with us at 5 weeks old. Tubs are a great solution IMO , all my beardies and bluetongues started off in these same tubs.

Dragon2016

Original Poster
Hi update on my little izzy
87110-4925686223.jpg
, she is now 3 months and is 70g! I'm really happy with her progress she looks great compared to when I first got her. ( don't hold back if I'm deluding myself!) she is now back in her 3 foot Viv and enjoying here branchs and plants. She's down to 2 live feeds a day of size four crickets and happily munchs 20 to 30 a sitting. Plus greens. Again tell me if this is not good. May have the dragon bug now as have a setup ready for the next one!
87110-6054267511.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Dragon2016":2s50y20a said:
Hi update on my little izzy
87110-4925686223.jpg
, she is now 3 months and is 70g! I'm really happy with her progress she looks great compared to when I first got her. ( don't hold back if I'm deluding myself!) she is now back in her 3 foot Viv and enjoying here branchs and plants. She's down to 2 live feeds a day of size four crickets and happily munchs 20 to 30 a sitting. Plus greens. Again tell me if this is not good. May have the dragon bug now as have a setup ready for the next one!
87110-6054267511.jpg

70g at 3 months is none too shabby .... she's doing great .. :) .. you must be doing all the right things and she's growing like crazy as a result.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom