Yellow fungus or squash stain?? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelbert91

Good Evening guys,
I lifted Terry out earlier today to take him in the bath and he seems his normal moody self lol, but when I put him in the bath water I noticed a brownish orange colour coming off of him in the water, at first I thought he had pooped in the water but he hadn't, it was actually the colour coming off of what I can only describe as a stain on his stomach. So I lifted him and noticed his belly is quite a tan orange colour but it's normally white ??? So I tried washing his belly with a tooth brush and noticed the stain would only slightly come off in certain areas but it wouldn't really come off at all? I'm really confused does this sound like yellow fungus to any of you? I'm just wanting to know as my nearest reptile vets is 1 hour and 30 minutes drive away and wouldn't want to put him through the stress of that journey of its avoidable. Thanks in advance everyone !!

Nelbert91

Original Poster
Here is a picture :)

k171xi.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like some type of stain. Did he have a large bowl of squash [ you mentioned squash ] or something similar that could have stained him ? If you saw color floating away from him then it's a stain, not Y.F.

Nelbert91

Original Poster
Hey !! Thanks for getting back to me ! Yes he always has a large bowl of sliced greens and cubed butternut squash every morning, he has more than I think he should get but he's too cute !! Yeah when I saw the color coming away I thought hmmm this can't be YF but it's better to ask the Pro's :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I will add that I don't know how much or how deeply a food like squash can stain. Blueberries can be hard to wash off.....but if that doesn't wash off after a good soak you might consider having a vet look at it + take a skin scraping to get it tested. Someone else might have suggestions here as well. P.M Drache613 for her input .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom