Horn worm staple protein?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommacude

Hatchling Member
Ed707":3kd2z8w0 said:
While it's not a good idea to not feed them, it's also not a good idea to only feed them unhealthy bugs like supers, waxworms, butterworms and hornworms.
I didn't know that hornworms aren't healthy. Mine has been eating mostly just those the last two weeks. He has decided he doesn't want dubia; will sometimes have a superworm (which I know isn't the most nutritious. I did get some silk worms today. I ordered 50 and they sent me 120 so I'm going to see if I can get some to reproduce. I had just ordered hornworms which were on special buy 2 get one free. I'm going to be over run with worms!

Redleg

I have had good luck with hornworms as a main live food staple for Beardies. Lord knows that Ragnar loves them and he is growing like crazy. I alternate dusting them with Calcium and Reptile Vitamins. Not sure how Hornworms differ nutritionally all that much from Silkworms. I feed Ragnar Silkworms whenever I can get them. He will eat Dubias when he wants to (and not, when he doesn't want to.)

amyemiline

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome thanks for the replies you guys :)

I'm deffinetly going to keep hornworms in his diet along with the silks.

Ed707

Hatchling Member
I just recently found out locusts and roaches are illegal in canada? If that's true then I can't fault you for feeding hornworms or supers as your really lacking a staple protein feeder besides crickets which everybody hates lol.

amyemiline

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah we're kind of limited for staples up here, especially when your dragon decides he doesn't want crickets any more lol.

Luckily i was able to track down some silkworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom