runny nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Unfortunately this morning I found that there was some snot in one of Calcifers nostrils. We put his hammock higher up and monitored the temperature, thinking he had a respiratory infection. But later that day he shed that very nostril! The snot's gone now. Is it a respiratory infection, or was it something to do with shedding? He's otherwise been acting normal. Thank you, sorry if this seems a little ignorant :study:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there.....some vets do a throat culture of some sort, but in general a broad spectrum antibiotic like Baytril is given for 10-14 days. I can't say what your vet will do. You might p.m Drache613 [ Tracie ] to see if she has more info for you. But in general an antibiotic is given, temps. should be a bit higher at night [ about 80F ] to boost the immune system. Best wishes for a full recovery !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom